Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Stressin bout grad school

I'm a recent college graduate but want to continue my education. I graduated in May 2007, so I definitely want to take some time off before hitting the books again. However, after only 8 months I'm itching to move on from my already boring existence. I just get restless! I couldn't wait to get out of high school. I couldn't wait to get out of college. Now, I can't wait to move on to something else.... I'm doing the whole job thing now, and it's already wicked boring. I mean, my job is better than a regular desk job, but I'm still restless. So, I've been looking into grad schools. I don't want to go very far away, but unfortunately I'm limited in the schools I can choose from. I want to be a sex therapist. Considering we live in a relatively conservative country- with the occasional liberal crusaders- there are a limited number of schools with sex therapy as a main course of study. I'm going next weekend to University of Georgia. That's the closest school, but it has the least extensive program. I'm also visiting UCLA in April. It would be awesome to live in LA, but I don't really want to be that far away from my family. UCLA has a better program.... The other choices are NYU, Univ of Indiana, and a couple of others that I'm completely not interested in. I'm not exactly a big city type of person. So, I'm pretty much screwed. I have to either change my focus or suck it up and move to LA. Hmm...what should I do?

Other stress...I have to take the GRE. Eww. I just bought a study book, and I'm dreading it but kind of excited as well. I'm such a nerd. I like to study. I like to learn. I'm a geek. So, that's that. I don't want to study for it or take it, but i do.

No comments: