Friday, February 29, 2008
Stress and Hormones
I haven't exactly been feeling great lately. I've been lethargic, nauseous, dizzy, having continuous headaches, and so on. For a couple of days, I was afraid I was pregnant. Eek! So, I went to the good ol doctor today. I'm not pregnant. Phew! But, a combination of stress and weird hormonal rages are making me feel like shit. I never thought this day would come, but starting now I have been instructed to take anti depressants. I am not exactly thrilled about this. With an extensive background in psychology, I always thought I was immune to this kind of thing. Depression? Not me. Until now. It's annoying. This sounds weird, but I feel like I'm too smart for depression! I should be able to snap out of my rut...on my own...no drugs. Right? Well, apparently not. Guess I'll give this medicine thing a try and see how it goes. Maybe it will help. Hopefully it will help. Honestly, I'm just worried about the side effects. Then again, most of the side effects are the same as the symptoms I am experiencing now. Hmm. Interesting. Well, here it goes...MORE SEROTONIN PLEASE!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment